At Langford we are committed to providing a safe environment which helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Update: April 2021
Some Langford sites are now requiring visitors to use the Check In TAS app upon entry. For visitors who do not have or otherwise can't use a smartphone device, a staff member at these relevant sites will be able to check-in on their behalf. Visitors or suppliers who decline to be checked-in via the app will not be permitted entry to these sites and an alternative meeting location will need to be arranged.
Sites now requiring use of the Check In TAS app are:
- Langford Office at 1 Bowen Road, Moonah
- the Villas site
- Benjamin Court, and
- the Community Hub at 20 Creek Road, Lenah Valley.
Update: March 2021
Phase 1a of COVID-19 vaccination has commenced in Tasmania. Adults living with disability and disability support staff are now eligible to receive their first injection of the vaccine. We are working closely with the Vaccine Taskforce at the Department of Health to ensure that vaccinations are administered as efficiently and as comfortably as possible for participants. We continue to follow the latest health advice provided by the Tasmanian Government.
We must all remain vigilant to ensure social distancing, hand hygiene, cleaning and other protocols continue to keep participants and each other safe.
All Langford staff and participants continue to practice the following protocols:
- Do not come to work with symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- If you do have symptoms, seek medical advice and get tested for COVID-19.
- Observing room capacity signs and social distancing of 1.5 metres when possible.
- Good hand hygiene – regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Regularly clean and/or wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
- Wearing appropriate PPE.
- Use of sign-in and sign-out registers at all sites for contact tracing.
- Keep COVID safety signs on doors and buildings.