This policy outlines how Langford Support Services collects, handles, and respects the personal information of clients, their families, and other users of this website. It also outlines how you can seek to access and make changes to your personal information and make a privacy related enquiry.
- Privacy Act 1988
- Australian Privacy Principles (January 2014)
- Privacy Amendment (February 2018)
Management of information
Langford Support Services’ employees are provided with an operational framework to guide the management of privacy, confidentiality, and information security in the workplace. We ensure:
- That information obtained by the organisation is only used for the purpose for which it is collected and,
- That personal information collected by the organisation is protected by such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances against loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, and other forms of misuse.
Disclosure of information
- The individual consents to the use or disclosure or,
- The use or disclosure is required under an Australian Law or court/tribunal order or,
- The use or disclosure is for government related identifiers or,
- It will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life, health or safety or to public health or safety or,
- It is reasonably necessary for the organisation to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to our functions or activities.
Types of online user information
Personal information may be volunteered by the website user for purposes including provision of feedback or submitting an enquiry. This website may also automatically collect some browsing data to inform how users access and navigate our website. Information collected by this website may include:
- Contact details (name, address, email, etc)
- Non-personal information (e.g. visitor navigation and statistics)
- Server address, browser type, date and time of visit
- Any other information volunteered directly by the user in feedback or enquiry forms.
Prospective employee information
The ‘Jobs’ section of this website includes electronic forms in which job applicants may choose to volunteer personal information for their prospective candidacy. We collect information submitted to this form when you apply for employment. Subsequently, we may disclose personal information to, and receive further personal information from, your nominated referees. Information disclosed in job applications may include some or all the following:
- Contact details (name, address, phone numbers, email, etc);
- Personal details including personal details of emergency contact person(s);
- Personal details (eg. date of birth, gender)
- Country of birth, citizenship, residency, and/or visa details;
- Details of current/previous employment or volunteering;
- Qualifications, skills and experience;
- Information and opinions from referees for prospective employees and candidates for volunteer work;
- Police Checks and Working with Vulnerable People information.
Accessing or amending your information
You may, at any time, request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com. We will seek to respond to your request as soon possible.